RELATED: Behind the scenes with Earnhardt in VegasLAS VEGAS – Dale Earnhardt Jr. provided an emphatic “no” on Tuesday when asked about a possible appearance on the upcoming season of the ABC television program “Dancing with the Stars.” “That’s never going to happen,” Earnhardt said during a media session prior to the Appreci88ion charity event presented by Nationwide and held inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.MORE: Junior’s GIF-tastic response to ‘Dancing’ rumor“I promise you,” Earnhardt said. “There’s nothing in this world that would be able to get me out on the dance floor.”NASCAR’s 14-time Most Popular Driver was mentioned as a leading candidate for the upcoming season, along with former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, in what is being billed as an all-athlete edition of the popular show. Hollywoodlife.com first reported that Earnhardt and Kaepernick were the top choices of the show’s producers.RELATED: Earnhardt, wife Amy, establish fund for Nationwide Children’s HospitalEarnhardt won 26 times in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series but retired as a full-time competitor in the series at the conclusion of the 2017 season. He is co-owner of JR Motorsports, which fields entries in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, and will do work in the broadcast booth next season for NASCAR television partner NBC.But dancing? Not Earnhardt. Not even for a healthy monetary donation to the Nationwide Children’s Hospital, which was the recipient of Tuesday night’s charity event.“I would match it just to stay off the dance floor,” Earnhardt explained.“I’d be willing to do a lot of things. That’s not one of them, I can promise you.”
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Get instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270. Subscribe
Injury victims being diagnosed remotely during the coronavirus pandemic appear happy to continue with virtual assessments, new research has found.A poll by personal injury specialist Minster Law found that 82% of clients attending their first appointment through a video call were satisfied or very satisfied with how it had gone. A similar proportion were satisfied with the advice received and 89% said the appointment was easy.Similar responses were reported from clients who had previously attended a face-to-face examination, although these made up just a quarter of the 136 people surveyed overall.Remote diagnosis has temporarily been adopted during the lockdown, despite insurers’ reservations about the potential for increased fraud. Changes in protocol around video appointments has been facilitated by agreements between claimant and defendant sectors, as well as Medco, which arranges whiplash diagnosis, relaxing its rules on remote examinations. But the question is now whether these arrangements continue as restrictions are eased and there are fewer barriers to personal appointments.Minster Law claims director Marcus Taylor said the industry has a responsibility to respond to what clients want, and should look to digitise this and other parts of the claims journey.‘Not only is this proving much more convenient for customers, but it is also reducing the number of missed appointments and saves the customer time and money as they no longer need to arrange travel to a GP,’ said Taylor, who firm handles around 25,000 claims a year.‘The industry must become more attuned to customers and deliver services that injured people actually want, rather than adopt a ‘computer says no’ attitude to changing customer demand. Covid-19 has released the ‘virtual claims management’ genie from the bottle and there will be no going back.’Taylor acknowledged that insurers will have misgivings about increased fraud from virtual treatments, but he called for an evidence-based review to assess whether that is actually likely to happen.The effect of Covid-19 on costs in personal injury cases is another issue that will come up for debate when the crisis subsides.Speaking at a webinar today hosted by international firm DWF, partner Nicola Critchley said changes in the claims process will have consequences for future disputes about costs.This could include arguments about hourly rates when lawyers are working at home, about the costs of copying when files are digital, and about whether lengthy trips to see clients in person are necessary (and the costs recoverable) when video conferencing is readily available.
People Slammed By Massive Waves 4 8 MOST DANGEROUS RAINS of All Time | TOP 10 INTERESTING 10 INCREDIBLE Space Launch Failures! Real or Fake? Shark Attacks Helicopter Source: Soccer – thesun.co.uk What’s This “Trick” Called? Comment Down Below!! Travel Diary // Vietnam 2017 DAMIEN COMOLLI believes the coronavirus crunch will spell the end of football’s big-money transfers – with the swap deal making a comeback.The former Liverpool and Tottenham director of football is also predicting a cut in agents’ fees and Premier League squad sizes.Ex-Tottenham and Liverpool chief Damien Comolli says transfer swap deals will become the normCredit: Sky SportsAnd he has warned stars coming to the end of their contracts they may have to slash their salaries if they want to continue playing.⚠️ Read our coronavirus in sport live blog for the latest news & updatesComolli, one of the most experienced administrators and negotiators in world football, believes the landscape of the game in this country will look very different when it is finally able to resume after the current Covid-19 lockdown.He said: “Everything will change. I think we are going to be in a situation we’ve never seen before.“The whole business model of football will be changing. There will be a situation where clubs will have a little bit of cash and be able to sweep the market by investing in young players. And there will be clubs which have no money at all.“For the first time we will see something on a global scale that we have only seen recently in Italy – where clubs will swap players with maybe a little bit of cash going one way.”Comolli, 47, is also tipping a rise in the number of loan deals as clubs look to balance the books by clearing wage bills.He added: “I also think there will be an interesting trend with free transfers. The free transfers at the top 20 clubs in the world will become hot property because they will have no transfer fee attached to them.“They will probably be able to achieve the same level of remuneration or maybe increase it.“But players at the end of contract on June 30 or whenever Fifa decides this season ends – and who are on a lower tier – will see their remuneration decrease significantly.”Football in this country has been suspended since March 13 and with no matchday revenues and TV payments to rely on, club owners throughout the land are predicting a doomsday scenario for the game’s finances.Comolli believes the days of £100m signings are over.Speaking on Sky’s Football Show, he said: “There are two issues – the first is cash availability.“The chairman of Brighton said last week they could lose £50million in this crisis. And previously the chairman of Burnley said they were forecasting to lose £55m.“It’s not rocket science to understand that is their transfer budget.“So if they are losing that kind of money the transfer budget will be used to cover those losses.“This means they will only be able to buy if they sell but it will be a vicious circle and they won’t be able to sell so they will not be able to spend.“The second aspect is there are two or three clubs in the Premier League and half a dozen around Europe with a lot of cash. Then you have a PR thing to worry about.“If you a chief executive in that in a time of crisis, when there are a 100,000 people dying and more people losing their jobs with the economy going downhill, will it be right and morally correct for a club to spend £100m on a player?“I’m not sure it will be the case.”Comolli added: “Clubs are asking government bailouts and furloughing staff and asking not to pay tax for a while, but at the same time are planning to spend £40m on a player, what will the taxman say?“They will say ‘You asked us to bail you out and then you want to spend £40m on a player – it doesn’t make sense.’ “So all of those aspects will make the market interesting but rigid as well.”CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – BE IN THE KNOWGet the latest coronavirus news, facts and figures from around the world – plus essential advice for you and your family.To receive our Covid-19 newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.To follow us on Facebook, simply ‘Like’ our Coronavirus page.And Comolli warned players and clubs will not be the only ones hit in the pocket by the fallout from the current global health emergency.The French transfer guru believes agents will also suffer.He said: “Fifa have said they want to change the way agents are paid and being capped at a much lower percentage than it is now.“I think if players remuneration goes down then agents’ fees will automatically go down. And if transfer fees are going down, agents fees paid on transfers will go down as well.“I think cleaning up this side of the business is very important and current circumstances could help. But I think it will be automatic if clubs and players have less money.”But Comolli reckons there is one group of players who could benefit from all of the inevitable belt-tightening – youngsters.He said: “I think another trend we will see is much more smaller squads. Twenty-five man squads in the Premier League – should they be that big.“I think clubs will look at it and say ‘We’ll take 15, 16, 17, 18 seasoned professionals and the rest will be youngsters. Even the bigger clubs.“I think we will see a massive decline in squad numbers, but a trend of big clubs signing young players.“I cannot see clubs spending big money on players over 25 or 26. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see clubs spend north of £100m on a spread of five, six, seven players who could be the core of their team for the next five to eight years.”Give now to The Sun’s NHS appealBRITAIN’s four million NHS staff are on the frontline in the battle against coronavirus.But while they are helping save lives, who is there to help them?The Sun has launched an appeal to raise £1MILLION for NHS workers.The Who Cares Wins Appeal aims to get vital support to staff in their hour of need.We have teamed up with NHS Charities Together in their urgent Covid-19 Appeal to ensure the money gets to exactly who needs it.The Sun is donating £50,000 and we would like YOU to help us raise a million pounds, to help THEM.No matter how little you can spare, please donate today herewww.thesun.co.uk/whocareswinsappealPerry Groves blasts Gary Neville’s ‘ridiculous’ suggestion that the Premier League finishes 2019-2020 season abroad Rebekah Vardy scores an impressive penalty in six-inch heels Top 5 Best Budget Hotels In Dubai under AED 400 a night.