KT makes LG Electronics trade-in move EC clears SK Hynix to acquire Intel memory assets AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 23 JUN 2014 Steve Costello Author Lenovo mobile unit makes gains Steve works across all of Mobile World Live’s channels and played a lead role in the launch and ongoing success of our apps and devices services. He has been a journalist…More Read more ABIAndroidAppleInteliOSLenovoSamsungtablet Devices Previous ArticleLTE subscribers much prefer WiFi to 4G – studyNext ArticleZTE pushes for “dynamic” 5G architecture Tags Despite the first quarter of 2014 being “nothing to brag about”, this year will be a “watershed” for the tablet market, with the installed base for Android overtaking iOS for the first time, according to ABI Research.Although the first quarter saw a 30 per cent decline in unit shipments, the tablet market will resume growth over the rest of the year, with branded OEM shipments exceeding 200 million for the twelve months.Apple will remain the leading brand for tablets, but Samsung “continues to close the gap” in second – and these two could account for more than 70 per cent of the global tablet market in 2014.“Looking back over the past three years of the tablet boom, the leading vendor order has remained largely unchanged. Lenovo is the most obvious standout as it has executed tablet strategy well both in China and abroad,” Jeff Orr, senior practice director at ABI, said.ABI also noted that “Intel aims to make a large splash during 2014”, with a projected 40 million devices powered by its processors. A “significant portion” is likely to come from smaller manufacturers in China and Taiwan, which are developing next-generation Android tablets for the second half of the year. HomeDevicesNews 2014 a “watershed” year for tablet market Related
PERTH, Australia — Ryan Fox won the ISPS Handa World Super 6 Perth at Lake Karrinyup after beating Spain’s Adrian Otaegui in the match-play final. Fox beat Jazz Janewattananond, Kristoffer Reitan and Paul Dunne on the way to Sunday’s final, before defeating Otaegui in the decider with two holes to spare. It was Fox’s first European Tour victory. Fox, whose dad Grant Fox was a World Cup-winning All-Black rugby player, was forced to give up rugby after a series of concussions. Your browser does not support iframes. Full-field scores from ISPS Handa World Super 6 Perth World No.71 Otaegui qualified for the six-hole decider by beating Scott Vincent in their semifinal shootout, winning three of the first four holes to secure a final’s berth. Local hope Min Woo Lee was eliminated in the quarterfinals. Lee beat France’s Gregory Bourdy in the opening round, before edging past tournament favorite Thomas Pieters in the Round of 16. The first three rounds of the tournament were stroke play. The top 24 players qualified for the final-round match play, which consisted of a series of elimination six-hole shootouts.
Javier Hernandez has confirmed he asked to leave West Ham in January and has refused to rule out of the prospect of a summer exit.The Mexican striker was a £16million signing from Bayer Leverkusen in July 2017 but has struggled to show his best form and has been in and out of the team.His agent admitted last month that the 29-year-old was open to a move away in the winter window, but a transfer did not materialise.Hernandez has now admitted that he was keen to go, but insists he will remain professional and do his best for manager David Moyes and the club for the rest of the season.“Yes, it was the case that I wanted to go,” said Hernandez, speaking to the Daily Mirror.“Not because I don’t like West Ham, but because I need to have minutes on the pitch.“The World Cup is just around the corner and I want to play. But you can see that, even though my agent says I want to go, I have been doing everything I can in a West Ham shirt to help the team.“Against Bournemouth I scored a goal, I tried to play pretty well in the Cup [against Wigan] and, in the last game, against Crystal Palace, I tried to do my best.“I am a very professional guy and I want to do that.“Words can come and go. Your acts are going to speak for themselves. Now that the window is closed I am here and trying to achieve the main goals for the club, which is to be safe from relegation. Then, in the summer, we will see.” 1
Share This!Thank goodness! This one has been a LONG time coming!Today, Disney has announced that a feature that has been clamored for for a very long time is finally rolling out for the Walt Disney World’s My Disney Experience app. Now Guests can see the wait times that buses are set to arrive at their Walt Disney World resort hotel right through the app itself! This hopefully means you won’t be wondering just when that next bus is gonna roll up, or get down to the bus stop only to realize you have another 30 minutes before a bus arrives.With this feature, Guests will be able to see up-to-the-minute estimates for when the next buses will depart from their Disney Resort hotel and when they will arrive at their destination. (One thing to note…these times can be “flexible” meaning that sometimes the wait time can be known to get longer, should a bus be delayed for one reason or another.)The app will update wait times in real time to provide the most current estimates for buses heading to the parks, water parks, and Disney Springs.A couple of additional nice features that roll out with this. If the resort has multiple bus stops, you can see what the estimated wait time is for the particular bus stop you’re waiting at. In addition, if bus transportation is unavailable, the app will offer the best suggestion for an alternative mode of transportation, like say for example, you’re staying at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, the app would tell you that you should take the monorail to Epcot.To access this great new feature, first Guests will need to make sure they have the most recent version of the My Disney Experience app. Then, Guests will be able to access the bus wait times throughout their stay by tapping “See Bus Times”. The only caveat – you have to have an active Disney Resort hotel reservation associated with their account. (So, if I’m staying off-site and had dinner at Whispering Canyon and want to know how long it will take to get to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I’m out of luck. That’s kind of a bummer.) There are still video boards at each bus stop that will share the bus wait times, for those who won’t have access to this information via the app.Want to know more about the My Disney Experience app update, take a look at this handy video:
Two people from Jefferson City are dead, and four people are badly hurt, after a crash in Cole County.Highway Patrol troopers say Sydney Shrag’s car crossed the center line of Route B near Clover Hill Lane on the south side of Jefferson City at about 9 p.m. Tuesday. The car hit an SUV head-on.The 19-year-old Shrag, and 21-year-old passenger Damani Winters, are both dead. The other passenger in the car, 20-year-old Anthony Bertucci of Russellville, has serious injuries. All three people in the SUV have serious injuries too: 51-year-old Aaron Hauzer of Jefferson City, 46-year-old Twila Hauzer of Jefferson City, and 67-year-old Bobbie Wilfawn of Branson.
PH military to look into China’s possible security threat to power grid “I can’t wait to take action and really spread the word about it. I think it’s so important that they’re going across Asia and across the world and I think it’s a great partnership and I’m happy to be a part of it.”Wei Soo, co-founder of Global Citizen and managing director, also expressed his excitement over the partnership, knowing the kind of impact ONE can create with its growing popularity particularly in Asia.“I think ONE championship and its fans can have massive impact in terms of its reach of billions throughout the region and throughout the world and particularly to the values that they espouse and talk about. The values in martial arts which is crucial to the region,” Soo said. “And those are also the values that we want.”ADVERTISEMENT Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. “As I’ve said before, in ONE, we are more than just having amazing fighters and athletes. These guys are heroes not only to their country but to the world,” said Sityodtong in a press conference at City of Dreams Manila.“And we’re going to use our platform and we’re going to use it to change the world for the better. That’s why we have partners like Global Citizen and amazing heroes like Brandon Vera, Angela Lee and Eduard Folayang, whom our children look up to.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingVera, Lee and Folayang, three of the most popular ONE fighters were named Global Citizen ambassadors for the Philippines and Singapore.“I’m so excited to be a Global Citizen ambassador. I can’t wait to get started and really learn more about this awesome program and movement,” said Lee, the women’s atomweight world champion. Alvarez ready to take risk vs Folayang, looks to end clash by ‘knockout or submission’ PLAY LIST 02:18Alvarez ready to take risk vs Folayang, looks to end clash by ‘knockout or submission’00:52ONE CEO believes Joshua Pacio won the fight02:03MMA legends gather in Tokyo for historic ONE: New Era fight week02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ SEA Games: PH still winless in netball after loss to Thais Photo from ONE CHAMPIONSHIPEyeing to make an impact on a much bigger scale, ONE Championship on Monday launched a partnership with Global Citizen, a non-government organization which aims to provide a better life for everyone.The team up is only fitting as ONE, the biggest MMA organization in Asia, adheres to the advocacies of Global Citizen with Chatri Sityodtong, ONE chairman and CEO, reaffirming that part the promotion’s responsibility is to contribute into easing out conflicts in the society.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES ‘A complete lie:’ Drilon refutes ‘blabbermouth’ Salo’s claims Jordan delivers on promise: 2 Cobra choppers now in PH MOST READ D-League: Zark’s-Lyceum dumps Batangas-EAC by 37 points BeautyMNL open its first mall pop-up packed with freebies, discounts, and other exclusives ‘We cannot afford to fail’ as SEA Games host – Duterte
APTN News Thunder Bay police is asking the public to help identify persons of interest in the death investigation of Dylan Moonias.Police have released video surveillance from the area Moonias, 21, was last seen alive on the night of Sept. 21. The video shows several people walking and on bicycles in the area of William Street and North Brodie Street along the McIntyre River.Moonias’ body was discovered in the river by a kayaker on Sept. 23, about 200 metres from where Moonias was last seen alive.Moonias is the most recent case in a string of river deaths in Thunder Bay this year.Dubbed the “River of Tears,” the McIntyre is also where Josiah Begg, 15, was found last May. The body of Tammy Keeash, 17, was also found in the Neebing floodway 11 days before Begg. Both deaths have been ruled drownings.The McIntyre is also where Stacey Debungee was found in 2015. Thunder Bay police faced heavy criticism of how they handled Debungee’s death investigation, prompting Ontario’s police watchdog to investigate how the service polices Indigenous people.There has also been reported rescues of people found floating in the river unconscious, including a 20-year-old First Nations man who was rescued by police days after Moonias’s body was discovered two months ago.Moonias is remembered as a passionate artist and hero for saving his family from a house fire after he put out a fire in their apartment building just a week before he died.Police are asking anyone who knows the identity of the people in the video below to contact them.Police: 807 -684-1200Crime Stoppers: 1-800-222-8477
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, July 4, 2016 – It was the first time that the Progressive National Party leaders and House members met with media as the PNP since being elected from 2012 and while there was some party business explained and some national achievements touted, the meeting seemed largely motivated by the announcement last week by ex-premier Michael Misick, that he was running as an all island candidate – independently. Party Leader Rufus Ewing set the record straight early, saying that indeed the country was broke and that it was his administration that expertly navigated the TCI from deep debt to super surpluses. “And the first mission is to restore the economy back to where it was that we can then begin to work in earnest for the people in providing them with the necessary resources, social services infrastructure that we are now delivering on.”A list of accomplishments were fed to media and party supporters including $100 million in road works nationally, but focus was strongly on how Michael Misick came to be on the PNP At Large candidates list for the primary race; Misick last week told media that his party rejected his offer and today his party said that is not true. National Chairman, Royal Robinson went as far as to say Mike can still run in the upcoming primaries. “The Progressive National Party and its structure did not eliminate Mr. Michael Eugene Misick’s name from the process, we did not. And he is the one who said that he is withdrawing his name from the process. But the process has not been completed, so as long as the process has not been completed, his name is still included in the list.”Also new today, that the Premier and the Finance Minister will not be a part of the primaries races which being next week for the PNP; they will automatically be advanced and the PNP will decided on three others to make up their five all island candidates slate. The Premier did not want to talk about Michael Misick who blasted his leadership style last Wednesday… “We’ll be fielding five members at large as part of the PNP ticket and that is all that we’re saying here to that. I’m not going to get into anything about destruction or anything like that.”Magnetic Media challenged him on how those comments hurt him and the party, he promised to deal with Mike on the campaign trail. “We will run on our record, and when that campaign time comes, we will put it out there, and we will lay our record out. Anyone can say anything at any time, and that’s what you would expect from person’s who are running opposite you to say if they say it. So when that time comes we will defend our record.”PNP primaries begin on Monday and run until the end of next week. Michael Misick told us that he is no longer interested in vying for a place on the PNP Ticket; he will still run at large as an independent.